Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I love the summer

So I'm here in lovely St. Augustine- lucky me (and Kate)- we've traveled to two wonderful places so far this summer. I hope you like the pictures- Kate happens to be on my favorite beach in the whole wide world. (sorry Port Rush- but you were frickin cold). Our trip to N. Ireland was awesome- I can't believe that two weeks flew by as quickly as they did. And of course, I cried leaving Belfast, taking off on the plane and watching it slowly grow smaller and smaller (goodbye mr. sheep- I'll miss you....goodbye lovely old fence made of stones- you're beautiful and I'll miss you, too...)...and then it really hit me- all of this planning and all of the excitement was now over. And now I have to wait probably a whole YEAR to see my bff(s) again. Fooey! Double fooey! I cried a good while, then settled in for our 7 hr. journey back over the Atlantic. (if you don't already know- we were in the bustling [except not] Belfast airport for 10 hrs on Wednesday while mechanics fixed an engine on our plane, then flew 7 hrs, got into NJ at midnight east coast time, which was 5am Belfast time [we'd now been up about 24hrs], got a hotel, changed our flight to WPB to the next afternoon, then finally got home by 6pm on Thursday [11pm our body clock time]...to say the least, we were happy to be home finally). So, on some plane ride I thought about all of the things I wanted to do this summer- St. Aug was high on the list, so Sunday I packed for Kate and I and Monday morning we were on our way. Yea! Don't get me wrong- N. Ireland was beautiful; however, on our last day there (which was the official first day of summer), it was a frigid 50 degrees, and much like our worst day of winter here in FL. Note to self- only visit in the summer..... So it's gorgeous here- warm and lovely (actually downright hot), and everyday around 4pm a nice thunderstorm blows through. I love everything about it!

Anyhoo, I'm just babbling. As usual. So let's sum it up. My kid is the coolest and I love her with everything I have. My husband is awesome, and everyday I look forward to spending the rest of my life with him.

Life is good.

1 comment:

Polly said...

You really are the cutest. Wish I'd had the chance to catch up with you in great old N.Ireland. Guess I'll have to visit again...oh won't that be tough for me.